Re: [DNS] TRANSFER OF DOMAIN NAMES FOR PROFIT

From: Doug Robb <doug§cygnus.uwa.edu.au>
Date: Sat, 8 Apr 2000 22:10:14 +0800 (WST)
On Sat, 8 Apr 2000, Rohan Levy wrote:

> Further to this....
> I am in Melb.VIC.
>
> Through a service based in the UK I am able to buy a .com domain, chose to
> have a webservice through it that allows me to divert the www.domain.com to
> a chosen tilde account - ie. www.domain.com is actually located at
> http://www.isp.com.au/~user/domain.html.

Yes Rohan exactly, most if not all of the people I deal
with want a .com or .net as first choice and either do what
you do or get the .com hosted. The only problem is that its
getting very hard to get decent names. One saving grace
though is that you can often get names like melbSomething or
ozSomething etc.

Most of the e-something, i-something are long gone.

doug