Re: [DNS] New Domain Level - Debate

From: Robert Walker <robert§bankbusters.com.au>
Date: Sun Apr 9 11:30:13 2000
It's difficult to come to terms with the .com.au policies although I commend
them for requiring ownership of the business name or otherwise to allocate the
relevant domain name...this is why we have virtually no cyber-squatting cases...much
to the blood thirsty Lawyers disgust...

And we all know that they are sitting on a fortune with their "generic" domains
list....how much would www.money.com.au be worth????.....the reason I was given
by INA why companies could register News.com.au was that the chap who was enforcing
the 'generic" rule was on holidays at the time...what a joke...why didn't they
take away their domain name...because the owners name ended in Murdock...mmmm..

We all know that if they ever released the "generic" domains that they would
go the those whose last name ends in Packer or Murdock...and us little fish
would not stand a chance in hell..

Whether INA likes it or not the business of Domain names is very much a BUSINESS....especially
in the .com world (although most of it is hype).....domains are the real estate
of the future and this applies to the .com.au domain as well...