Re: [DNS] .au domain issues

From: Doug Robb <doug§cygnus.uwa.edu.au>
Date: Tue, 11 Apr 2000 15:40:49 +0800 (WST)
On Tue, 11 Apr 2000, Patrick Corliss wrote:

> I think it's well-known that Robert Elz continues to hold control in this
> area.  He has delegated the .com.au space to Melbourne IT but can (a) take
> it away again or (b) delegate to somebody else, if he wants to.

With all due respect the kre I have never been able to
fathom how an individual was able to gain control of this
resource. Was he not an employee of Melbourne Uni at the
time? As the whole pre AARNet work to do with the setting
up of the dns etc was directly related to, funded by and
stemming from his work at the uni I don't see how this
situation every came about.

Also what if he gets run over by a bus? Who gets it
then?

doug