[DNS] qut.com.au

From: Patrick Corliss <patrick§quad.net.au>
Date: Thu, 18 May 2000 00:45:38 +1000
On Thursday 18 May 2000, Tony Barry wrote:

>Queensland University of Technology, www.qut.edu.au, becoming also
>qut.com has to be worthy of comment.  I'm appalled.

Hi Tony

You referred to "qut.com" and I must admit wondering just how much the
Queemnsland University of Technology paid for a three letter dot com domain
name.  Prices are generally in the hundreds of thousands, if not millions,
of US dollars.

For that sort of money, you could stock a whole library for the students.

By the way, the subject line of your posting said "qut.com.au" when you
meant to say "qut.com".  I just checked with Melbourne IT and the qut.com.au
domain name is still available.  That's a real case of cargo cult
mentality - all bow to the Americans.

Patrick Corliss