Re: [DNS] qut.com.au

From: Patrick Corliss <patrick§quad.net.au>
Date: Thu, 18 May 2000 21:28:49 +1000
Balmik wrote:

>As im sure it was pointed out before and will be forever pointed out, .com
>is NOT american, it is an international domain... the americans DO have
>their own domain, .us ; just because they choose to use .com mostly does
>not make it their property, and does not make other people
>americanised... its simply because it is unarguably the easiest to
>remember TLD around, since everyone talks dot-com :)

Thanks Balmik

I did not realise that QUT was advertising in Singapore so there may be some
justification.  However, as an Australian University I would think that
they'd want to promote the dot au.

My main point is that if everybody choses the dot com TLD then (1) country
codes become redundant and (2) the international domain names are all going
fast.

Hence the upwards price pressure is accelerating.

Patrick