Re: [DNS] Selling com.au names [was: Re: AuDomains.com]

From: Luke Kee <lukee§connect.com.au>
Date: Tue, 03 Oct 2000 11:02:55 +1000
Justin Sullivan wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I would like to think this is how it works with INA too. What worries me
> (and my clients) is that INA need you to sign a form that says:
>
> "I acknowledge that once the domain name has been deleted it will be
> available for registration by the first registrable application received."
>
> I would be much happier if the form added something like what Luke says
> above, i.e. "[The enclosed application will] be checked, and if approved,
> then the domain is terminated and applied against the new company.  If the
> application is rejected, then the termination is NOT processed."
>
> In other words, cancel the existing license only if the new application is
> sensible. And if the new application is sensible, then have the form
> indicate the transfer will take place to the new applicant listed on the
> enclosed form, rather than "by the first registrable application received".
>
> I imagine that INA may work in this way already, in practice. What concerns
> me is that this isn't nearly as clear as it could be on the relevant forms
> and as I said earlier I think there needs to be an unambiguous, zero risk
> option for transferring names.

Justin,

Our form actually says this as well.  I think it's more so a
technicality than anything else.  As the policies state net.au/com.au
domain names cannot be transferred, they need to be cancelled and
applied for again.  Hence using this method works around it.

The person who signs the Termination form must be someone from the
original company anyway, so to them, the domain name will be
terminated.  Even though the new company may well own the other business
name, you have to think of it in terms of 2 individual entities.

Although your comments on modifying the Termination form are valid, I
will discuss this further internally and arrange for our net.au
Termination form to be duly modified.

Regards,

Luke Kee
net.au Registry

Luke Kee                                Client Connections Co-Ordinator
Connect.com.au Pty. Ltd.                            Phone: 03 9674 3819
Level 9, 114 Albert Rd.                 General Enquiries: 1800 818 262
South Melbourne, Vic., 3205             Corporate Support: 1300 73 1111
http://www.connect.com.au/                   Email: ccon&#167;connect.com.au