Re: [DNS] FW: Important Information Regarding Your COM.AU DomainNames

From: Patrick Corliss <patrick§quad.net.au>
Date: Tue, 24 Oct 2000 17:51:54 +1000
Hi Mark

Nice to hear from you.  How are you?  Good I hope.

My understanding is that the rule requires ONE domain name for EACH commercial
entity.

What I think INWW are saying is that EVIDENCE of a commercial entity can be
provided by a Registered Company, a Registered Business Name or similar
commercial structure.

The Australian Tax Office accepts that a company could have more than one
trading name and their forms provide for such.  I have done exactly that with
my own company.  Whether they are officially registered as a Businesss Name,
or not, is a matter for the ATO's own business rules.

Registered or not, INWW will accept it as evidence of a "commercial entity".

Regards
Patrick Corliss