Re: [DNS] insurance.com.au

From: Kerry Henry <khenry§synergy.au.com>
Date: Wed, 25 Oct 2000 11:22:37 +1000
Ivan,

Is this true?

I thought that this domain was held by a private party who registered the
name prior to Melbourne IT restricting generic names registration in 10/96.

I am not saying that the name isn't valid as it along with others such as
travel.com.au and employment.com.au were registered prior to the embargo by
people with vision.

(Indeed I can't wait until the 'com.au' register is opened up to allow
generic and other name registration during 2001.  How else can Melbourne IT
generate increased registration numbers?   Plus, do it before deregulation
and the generic names will be auctioned for a high price - a nice one off
money spinner)

Has Westpac secured by leasing the name from the original owner as I
understand it can't be transferred?

Kerry Henry