[DNS] The Australian Perspective on Cybersquatting

From: <David.Goldstein§sbg.nic.at>
Date: Mon, 6 Nov 2000 12:12:45 +0100
Hi all

This story is a bit old, from May, but I came across it today in my news
searching and it may be of interest. You can also see the domain name and
other Internet news I collect over here for nic.at at
http://www.nic.at/english/main.html where the days news headlines are on the
home page, and there is a link to the archive for all the news I've been
collecting since July this year which normally include the headline and
first paragraph.

Any comments on the news are gladly received.

Cheers
David

The Australian Perspective on Cybersquatting
 (GigaLaw) May
"Cybersquatting" -- the practice of registering a domain name that matches
another company's trademark -- may have begun in the United States, but it
is now a worldwide issue. In Australia, although it is more difficult to
register a domain name, it is also more difficult to pursue cybersquatters
because of the lack of laws that address this problem. This article explains
the legal status of cybersquatting in Australia.

See  http://www.gigalaw.com/articles/bradley-2000-05-p1.html for the full
article.