Re: [DNS] What's in a name? Too little, says panel

From: Kim Davies <kim§cynosure.com.au>
Date: Tue, 21 Nov 2000 07:37:04 +0800
Quoting Don Cameron on Tuesday November 21, 2000:
| Domains... how could I think otherwise? - they are not advertised... (who is
| putting pressure on Telstra to promote "Telstra.com.au"?) ISP's are not
| given any incentives to sell them... and they are increasingly harder to
| obtain. OK, the market rules - it's simple. Do what the administrators
| want... Don't sell them.

If you think domains in .com.au are harder to obtain, then what about
getting a suitable name in .com? The rules for .com.au encourage
the namespace not to get completely exhausted the way .com has.

If you have a commercial entity, the chances of you getting your
relevant .com.au name are much greater than getting a .com.

kim