Re: [DNS] .au space proposal

From: Don Cameron <dcameron§coolahddg.com.au>
Date: Thu, 23 Nov 2000 19:44:01 +1100
> Strange as it may be, some of us would be interested in developing a
_real_ long term solution, but its hard to find companies today which would
fund research like this (how would some of you write business cases for it?
:-)

Hi Adrian,

Now wouldn't that be a milestone (a long term solution)... and like any
long-term solution, the first step is analysis. Corporate Australia may not
be prepared to fund this, however Government certainly has any number of
funding options that could be sourced to undertake definitive analysis. Just
off the tope of my head:

BITS - Building on IT Strengths - a Federal Funding initiative that could be
suitable
NTN - Networking the Nation - Funding specifically for the purpose of
raising Internet use and acceptance. I'm sure the grant administrators (I
know a few of them quite well), would view this as a viable project - if
anyone's interested I would be happy to help prepare a grant submission.

PS - Saliya - Who cares? - I do!

Cheers, Don