[DNS] www.superroot.net

From: stephen loosley <stephen§melbpc.org.au>
Date: Fri, 01 Dec 2000 00:24:02 +1100
Hi there,

In the light of the fascinating article at http://www.theregister.co.uk/content/6/14999.html (Country Code Chiefs, Registrars Mull ICANN Breakaway) I'm wondering if AuDa have any official (or otherwise) opinion / position regarding http://www.superroot.net/ and such like?

For example: "I have been using the IP numbers of four of the eleven superroot consortium DNS servers as my small network's DNS name server file since March 2000.  They have performed flawlessly and in doing so have exposed ICANN's assertion about the criticality a single authoritative root for the internet as a lie.." Gordon Cook <www.cookreport.com/>

Cheers all ..
Stephen Loosley
Vermont Secondary
http://www.stephen.ws