[DNS] Fw: ICONOCAST response to ""60 Minutes"" story

From: Kerry Henry <KHenry§ClickOn.au.com>
Date: Wed, 13 Dec 2000 14:15:45 +1100
Dear Members,

I found the following very interesting.  For those that don't subscribe to
ICONOCAST, I highly recommend as I find the quality of their weekly
newsletter of very high standard plus most often providing a very balanced
view.

There is no doubt in my mind that the media, more so print, continue their
vested interest in just telling the 'not so good' stories.  Helps to
influence the inroads being made by the internet into various forms of
media.  I don't come from the school that sees the Internet taking over,
however, it will impact in various ways and even more so over the coming
years as reality returns to the Internet market.

I read a USA article in the last few months (sorry, can't recall where)
outlining that print media was up last reporting year in overall terms of
revenue, however, classified income was down.

The problem is that underlying the revenue levels was massive amounts of
advertising by now fallen Internet players plus all players are trimming
back on general advertising.  So, stand by for more negative press as these
guys feel the pinch.

Kerry Henry
Click On Australia