RE: auDA endorsed by Government

From: Alan Limbury <expert§strategic-resolution.com>
Date: Wed, 20 Dec 2000 09:01:33 +1100
Congratulations to auDA. This item has prompted me to emerge from lurking
for the first time, to ask a couple of questions about the requirement that
auDA:

* establish appropriate dispute resolution mechanisms

1. What has been done already in this direction? and
2. Why not accede to the existing ICANN Policy, which contemplates extension
to (and has in some cases been extended to) ccTLDs?

[I should declare my interest as a panelist under the ICANN Policy but I
would advocate its adoption only if the .au DR mechanism were to be confined
to the same grounds of objection].

Alan Limbury