Re: [DNS] New domain proposal

From: <m§rk.net>
Date: Thu, 22 Feb 2001 14:43:42 +1100 (EST)
The DNS is not a directory like a phone book. Your idea is kind of cute,
but I don't know why, as a business, I should be forced to link to the
yellowpages section on similar businesses (competitors) or why businesses
should be forced to be associated with their home state with your
<state>.<name>.firm.au structure.

What a crock - the .au domain space should be opened up so you can just
have <companyname>.au. I think for the sort of directory you want, UDDI is
a much more viable option.