Re: [DNS] .biz status?

From: <m§rk.net>
Date: Wed, 28 Mar 2001 09:26:33 +1000 (EST)
> On Tue, Mar 27, 2001 at 06:39:21PM +1000, James Omond wrote:
[snip]
> Furthermore, I question the continued value of domain names as brands
> beyond the next few years at most.  Due to other shortcomings of the
> existing DNS for newer software architectures such as P2P, I expect the
> present importance of domain names predicated on their use in URLs to
> significantly decline in overall importance.

I agree with the spotty herbert - the lifespan of the DNS is definitely
limited. However, if ANZ wants to spend thousands protecting its corporated
identity (for what the corporate identity of a bank is worth in Australia),
good for them.

Cheers,

Mark

--
m&#167;rk.net * po box 796 sandy bay 7006 australia * gsm +61 417 300 253