Re: [DNS] auDA approves changes to domain name policy

From: Jim Ayson <jim§philmusic.com>
Date: Thu, 10 May 2001 13:18:04 +0800
At 09:55 AM 5/10/01 +1000, you wrote:

>auDA is now working on an implementation strategy.  Changes to domain name
>policy will not take effect until the second half of 2001, in conjunction
>with the introduction of competition in the domain name services market.

Q: What is the status of the move to introduce competition in the .au
space? Any other contenders to Melbourne IT so far?

p.s. I joined the list to observe .au issues, particularly AUDA policy, so
I second the motion to keep this .au centric. However in so much as I am
writing from the Philippines and my objective for observing .au is as a
source of info for the movement to reform .PH domain administration, I'd
also appreciate tips on other mailing lists that cover ccTLD issues and
Internet governance in general (off-list responses please!) thanks!

-------
jim ayson / jim&#167;philmusic.com
visit www.philmusic.com - the #1 philippine music web site

Sign up for the Philippine Cyberspace Review - tracking the state of the
Net in the Philippines since 1998 - http://groups.yahoo.com/group/ph-cyberview