Re: [DNS] Making Choices

From: Patrick Corliss <patrick§quad.net.au>
Date: Wed, 13 Jun 2001 00:46:57 +1000

On Tue, 12 Jun 2001 17:26:35 +1000, Chris Disspain wrote:
> Please do not ascribe comments to auDA that auDA has not made. auDA has
> not suggested censoring the list. You will find plenty of comments from me
> re the importance of robust debate. No doubt the list will, in its own
> time, decide what sort of contributions it wants or doesn't want.

Hi Matthew
cc auDA CEO

I made it very clear that the views I expressed were my own.  I also
explained the reasons I held those views.  Many lists are moderated.  It is
not unusual.  Neither is it censorship in a free and open society, imo.

My point was simply that the list should not be used for issues unrelated to
the Australian DNS.  However, perhaps you are right and the list should be
unmoderated.  I therefore withdraw my request to the CEO of auDA.

Please let me know if you ever change your mind ;-)

Best regards
Patrick Corliss
[speaking as an individual]