Re: [DNS] ING charging $250 non-refundable for .BIZ and .INFO

From: Richard Archer <rha§juggernaut.com.au>
Date: Mon, 20 Aug 2001 10:41:59 +1000
At 10:41 AM +1000 20/8/01, Don Cameron wrote:

>1/ Outside the IT industry, a growing number of people are beginning to
>believe that unless these issues are addressed very quickly, the Australian
>name-space may be better administered by a government authority.

I would be most interested to see the research upon which you base this claim.

In my experience it is very difficult to obtain meaningful statistics
about IT matters (such as DNS) from anyone outside the IT industry.

One mention of "dial up internet" or "domain name server" and their
eyes glaze over and they tick the "I don't know" box.

>Government administration would also ensure any databases or client
>information was retained in a manner so as not to be open to allegations of
>information pilfering

I fail to see how pulling information from a public access database can
be construed in any way as "pilfering".

 ...R.