Re: [DNS] Don't get crushed between Melbourne IT and auda - Let your views be heard

From: Saliya Wimalaratne <saliya§hinet.net.au>
Date: Tue, 28 Aug 2001 16:34:30 +1000 (EST)
On Tue, 28 Aug 2001 peter&#167;instra.com.au wrote:

> More disturbing is a memo purporting to come from Melbourne IT circulating
> Canberra which recommends that the new naming policy be implemented
> immediately but that the competition policy be delayed. I have the full

oh *come on*.

Hmm. Let me think:

"should we vote to lower our profit margin, or to raise it?"

you do the math.

They have *never* been interested in competition; and frankly, if I owned
an organisation that is in the enviable position that MelbIT is in (sell a
product that requires exactly *zero* expenditure to obtain, every two
years) I would be fighting tooth-and-nail to keep the status quo.

That being said; everybody *should* be lobbying auDA (I can't believe I
just said that :) to get this sorted out soonest. Come on guys; you've
been 'working on it' for a *long time* now.

Regards,

Saliya