[DNS] Re: Lock out from AUDA mailing list

From: Peter Ostenberg <peterost§start.com.au>
Date: Thu, 30 Aug 2001 17:11:03 +1000
I have been contacted by Michael Verga and asked to forward this mail
on his behalf as he appears to have been locked out from this group.
Coincidentally his attempts to join the list under another name was
not possible as the Log-in gateway is currently not accepting any new
applicants - try for yourself!

His message was as follows..........

Warning to all....

I suspect that there could be a major problem with the security of
this forum. Ever since I posted the message below; someone, somewhere
out there must have become very upset and agitated as they seem to
have hacked into the system and removed my  address from this mailing
list. If I were Kevin Sheedy I could also blame the martians - I am
not Kevin Sheedy.  Amazing what can be done these days isn't it?  I
guess I'll just have to find a series of "nomme de plumes" to go by in
the future should they choose to keep conducting themselves in such a
cowardly fashion. I can only look forward to a meeting in person some
day soon,,,,I think this week might have to be out of the question.

I guess that if  IP Australia could ever become the AU administrator,
we could look forward to this forum being free from all this
negativity and criticism. After all one should only be prepared to
criticise if they can offer a possible remedy to the problem at hand,
not simply defend and deflect all the positive ideas that have been
put forward thus far. In the case of IP Australia, I don't know of any
Patent or Trademark attorneys  at all that have any problems
whatsoever with the way that IPA goes about its business. Obviously
IPA has got the management of intellectual property down to a fine
art.

Unfortunately, since I have  been out in the cold ( Yes I read Le
Carre ) I have been unable to see whether anyone agrees in theory with
the possibilty of IP Australia taking over  the administration of our
dearly beloved "dot com dot au "

What about Peter Ostenberg, Richard Archer, David
Keegel......Josh...Ian Smith ...?..There happens to be an invitation
only little pow wow up in HQ with Mr. Alston this Friday
gentlemen...how about you men make some noise too.......hopefully the
right people might be able to see what has been going on here and take
affirmative action before IANA gets any further involved. Apparently
the government has the power to recommend to IANA/ICAAN which
direction we take with AU administration. We are only going to get the
one chance to get this right for the forseeable future, so now is the
time to speak again as you all have in the past.

Hopefully you haven't had happen to you what has happened to my email
listing in the past week...look forward to hearing from you all again
soon

Regards

Michael Verga

P.S.     Following is probably the message that instigated the hack
attack.