[DNS] Re: Lock out from AUDA mailing list

From: Richard Archer <rha§juggernaut.com.au>
Date: Thu, 30 Aug 2001 17:46:20 +1000
Someone wrote:

>Carre ) I have been unable to see whether anyone agrees in theory with
>the possibilty of IP Australia taking over  the administration of our
>dearly beloved "dot com dot au "
>
>What about Peter Ostenberg, Richard Archer, David

Personally I think this would be an unfortunate move. The more the
government has to do with all things Internet the bigger the mess
they make of it.

Our online censorship regime already makes us the butt of jokes around
the world -- I wonder just how badly they could mismanage the DNS.

As you're probably aware I'm not at all pleased with the outcome of
AUDA's public consultation, but at least they try to understand the
issues before making a decision.

 ...R.

Vested interests: None, except a distrust of authority in all it's
ugly incarnations and an intense dislike of being gouged by monopolies.