RE: [DNS] Predatory business practice

From: Ron Stark <ronstark§businesspark.com.au>
Date: Sat, 1 Sep 2001 16:50:11 +1000
Hi Don,

Perhaps in my vehemence I failed to get across my point.  Frustrating as it
is, I accept that junk mail is here to stay.  My issue is with the (to me)
deceptive content of the mail (they were faxes) I and my clients received
from Internet Names Group.  I'm in the industry - I know damn well that it
costs nothing to do what they're offering at $1000 plus the costs of
registration.

I'm objecting to two things - their continuing attempts to rip off an
under-informed public, and the fact that they seem to have unrestricted
access to a database of domain names and expiry dates on which to base their
spam.

Ron Stark