RE: [DNS] Registrars in .au

From: Bruce Tonkin <Bruce.Tonkin§melbourneit.com.au>
Date: Wed, 12 Sep 2001 10:25:55 +1000
Hello Andrew,

The Competition Panel report does discuss responsibilities of registries and
registrars.

There is no registrar of ".asn.au" presently under the new definitions in
that report.

At the moment ".asn.au" is an integrated registry/registrar, with no other
retailers.
It is presently a free service.

Under the model described in the competition panel report, the operation of
the ".asn.au" registry will be put out to tender (to which a respondent
could respond individually or respond to provide ".asn.au" in combination
with other second level domains).  A registry provided under this model will
need to provide a WHOIS service.

Regards,
Bruce Tonkin
Chief Technology Officer
Melbourne IT

http://www.pacific.net.au
"Your process hath shuffled off this mortal coil."
- The bard does error messages.