RE: [DNS] Roles of registries, registrars & resellers - and impac t on draft registrars agreement and code of conduct

From: Bruce Tonkin <Bruce.Tonkin§melbourneit.com.au>
Date: Thu, 18 Oct 2001 13:16:18 +1000
Hello David,

Thanks for expanding on my comments in more detail.  I agree with what you
have said.

> This is not to say that all this doesn't result
> in customer benefits. To the contrary, it results
> in increased diversity of bundled DN value
> propositions resulting in the consumer having a
> greater choice of offerings. However to suggest
> the objective of registrars is to 'increase
> competition' is not correct.

Agreed.  I did not mean to "suggest" that this was the objective of
registrars, just that the end result is as you say more choice for consumers
as a result of the retail competition.  However I can see how my original
sentence could be misconstrued.  Thanks for elaborating.

For detailed comments relating to the registrars agreement see:
http://www.auda.org.au/transition/comments.html

Regards,
Bruce