Re: [DNS] Information Economics - Logical Misconceptions

From: David G Thompson <davidgthompson§yahoo.com>
Date: Sun, 28 Oct 2001 17:55:57 -0800 (PST)
David Keegel wrote:

>While commercial players may choose to do
>marketing to improve their commercial return, I
>don't see that there needs to be any
*obligation* >to do marketing of domain names,
especially for >non-commercial players.

Hi David,

OK there is no obligation to do explicitly
budgeted top line marketing.

However as you would be aware, paying the auDA
DNF makes a contribution to auDA's $110,000
education and media budget, all marketing related
activities.

Thus every DN holder, therefore every registrar,
ultimately makes a contribution to the promotion,
therefore marketing of the .au space

Cheers

DGT

http://personals.yahoo.com