Re: [DNS] DNS action website

From: Don Cameron <donc§mudgeeab.com.au>
Date: Tue, 30 Oct 2001 08:59:58 +1100
Adrian,

Quoting from your site: "Those who would offer to administer such a service
on a voluntary basis are effectively precluded from doing so by the $15,000
up front application fee, which they must recoup in only four years".

A thought... The $15,000.00 fee is prohibitive, however if this is to be
retained for 2LD's administered by volunteers, there are numerous options
for recovering the cost through grants. NTN (Networking the Nation) and NOIE
(through projects like ITOL) have funds available for community-benefiting
ICT projects. Similarly other Govt. Departments provide grants for NFP
entities working for ICT amongst other development initiatives - (I have
recently been successful in helping several small NFP's obtain 'kick-start'
grants) - Also don't forget corporate sponsorship - There are quite a number
of corporations who benefit from NFP activities, and one or more of these is
likely to help 'kick the tin' if approached in the proper manner - perhaps
even some of the larger NFP's themselves.

I am more than happy to investigate funding possibilities if you think it
would help (although of course I would rather see the fee waived in this
instance).

Cheers, Don Cameron