Re: [DNS] Media Release

From: Kim Davies <kim§cynosure.com.au>
Date: Tue, 30 Oct 2001 15:53:38 +0800
Quoting Rothnie, Warwick on Tuesday October 30, 2001:

| Thanks, Chris.
|
| Now the contract is signed, is there any sort of timetable for the
| introduction of the naming and competition policies?

The naming policies will be introduced when competition is introduced,
which does not have an introduction date as yet. It will rely on how
long the testing process takes once the successful tenderer(s) are
chosen.

These are the pertinent questions from the Registry RFT Q&A:

Q. Can you provide the expected timeframe and expected launch date
   for the .au 2LD's?
A. The 'go live' date will depend on how long the test bed process
   takes. At the moment, the only dates we have are that we intend
   to award the contract/s by the end of November and move to the
   test bed as soon as possible thereafter.

Q. Precisely when will the new domain name policy come into force
   and when will generic names be available for sale?
A. New domain name policy will come into force on the first day
   that the new system begins to operate. When this is will depend
   on the length of the test bed period that will follow the
   successful outcome of the RFT. auDA has not yet set a date for
   the release of generic names but it is likely to be beforew the
   end of the year.

The Registry RFT Q&A is at http://www.auda.org.au/about/news/2001102201.html
and comprises the questions received relating to the tender process, and
the answers auDA has supplied.

kim

Disclaimer: auDA Board Member, not speaking for auDA.