RE: [DNS] Code of Conduct

From: Bruce Tonkin <Bruce.Tonkin§melbourneit.com.au>
Date: Wed, 31 Oct 2001 10:25:27 +1100
Hello Don,

> To return to an earlier thread... what is the status of the auDA draft
> industry Code of Conduct?

>From my perspective the status is that auDA has an open call for comments on
the code of conduct, but as yet there is only one "anonymous" comment.

http://www.auda.org.au/transition/submissions/

There is also a list of 4 organisations that have agreed voluntarily to
comply with the code:
Bunyip IT Services
Highway 1
Island Internet Services
SydneyBiz

> Considerable input has now been provided via this list
> (albeit somewhat lost
> in recent discussions) - is there a  process to amend the draft and
> incorporate recommendations for additional reseller and community
> protections? - Have the initiatives by Melbourne IT to seek industry
> participation been successful?

The answer to the later statement - is that there is plenty of interest, but
few have the time to make formal submission other than make some comments to
this list.

I am intending to make a submission, but it is difficult to find the time to
do so at present.  There is new material to consider on the auDA website
every day :-)!  This of course indicates that the auDA staff are working
very hard to progress everything along.  Well done Jo and Chris.

Regards,
Bruce Tonkin