Re: [DNS] .asn.au

From: Support <support§saintspc.com.au>
Date: Tue, 27 Nov 2001 14:20:23 +1100
Ok lets get to .au policy!

How can a .au domain be allowed to go of line for like most of a whole day?

What would happend if .com.au went ofline for like 1 hour let alone since
very early this morning?

auDA is charging a Lic fee to .asn.au of $X so there is now a FEE of $88
dollars for a .asn.au! We now have a FEE for Service but since very early
this morning! NO SERVICE! I tell you one thing this list would go nuts it
.com.au went down!

Who would you try to get answers from! West.net.au the registrar has not
either posted details on website or even responded to requests for info!

Then the next place is auDA who is the next in line! and that is on this
list!

As far as I can see this list is anything that affects the .au namespace!

And I would have to say that this would more than be covered!

I am happy to go else were and deal with it! BUT WERE?

Chris should be very concerned about thi situation! I mean $88 dollars for a
Domain name that does not even work! I have already had a request from one
domain holder to reg a .org domain. And would have to say that if this goes
on much more it will go that way a lot of case's!

More domains that should be .au's going to TLD's just because of Policy or
Service or ???? of the registrar's. The sooner auDA gets this sorted the
better!

David Uzzell

PS by the way it appears that it has JUST started to come back online but
will still take a while to update through out the country and the world!!!!!