Re: [DNS] thread.119

From: Paul Foxworthy <paul§cohsoft.com.au>
Date: Thu, 17 Jan 2002 09:45:56 +1100
At 12:10 AM 17/01/2002 +1100, Nick Andrew wrote:
> > *Most* internet users use a search engine to find what they are looking
> > for.
>
>Me too, but when I'm looking for a particular _company_ (e.g. today's
>one was J.R.Turk, the electrical trade suppliers) I will usually avoid
>the search engines and try likely domain names. It's obvious if I
>got the right company or not.
>
>I won't be typing "electrical" into the URL field, if that's the sort
>of activity you're referring to.

A moment ago, you were saying that generic names *were* valuable, because
you for one type names into your browser. Now you're saying you only do
that for *non* generic names.

So, do you now agree generic names have little or no value?

Cheers

Paul Foxworthy

---- Coherent Software ------------- http://www.cohsoft.com.au/ ----
For interactive Web sites, databases, software, animation
Aust. Family History Compendium at http://www.cohsoft.com.au/afhc/