Re: [DNS] INTERNET.COM.AU

From: Saliya Wimalaratne <saliya§hinet.net.au>
Date: Thu, 24 Jan 2002 14:40:55 +1100 (EST)
On Thu, 24 Jan 2002, Support wrote:

> The way things going you might as well just throw the entire Policy out the
> window and go the same as .com! then it would at least be fair to the first
> in first served not who has the depest pockets!

.com.au == 'business in .au' (theoretically).

If you think that it's *ever* been other than 'who has the deepest
pockets' you're kidding yourself. Free advice is worth exactly what you
pay for it :) but my free advice to you is to learn to live with the
above, because that is the way business works.

There are flaws with the auction model in terms of perceived fairness; but
I am forced to concur with others on this list who have suggested that it
is the fairest solution which is technically possible and feasible.

Regards,

Saliya