Re: [DNS] INTERNET.COM.AU

From: Kim Davies <kim§cynosure.com.au>
Date: Thu, 24 Jan 2002 12:04:38 +0800
Quoting Katie Halson on Thursday January 24, 2002:
|  Actually I am trying to be quite serious here. As a small developer we do
| not have money to throw around. We are applying for generic domains in order
| to use them and develop their potential not as a cash policy. The auction
| policy although obviously commercially sound does not really represent the
| existing generic DN policy. Personally I think generics should be allocated
| to those who are going to represent/use the domain for what it is.

I don't see how anyone can judge whether a company is going to "use the
domain for what it is", whatever that means. As it stands you need to
be eligible for the domain (i.e. by connection) as you have for other
.com.au domains. This has been the test for years, so why should the
generics be different?

kim