Re: [DNS] INTERNET.COM.AU

From: Meliza Smith <melizasmith§hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 25 Jan 2002 12:41:15 +1100
Going on past cases in the .com gTLD under ICANN's UDRP, this could well be
the case (assuming the Australian trade mark application proceeds to
acceptance and isn't successfully opposed by anyone else). The owner of
internet.com.au may also run the risk of being sued under the Trade Marks
Act. As I said, Section 120 allows the owner of a 'famous' trade mark to sue
for infringement, under certain conditions, regardless of the goods/services
(again, assuming the trade mark is registered).

Meliza