Re: [DNS] Peter has left the building

From: Patrick Corliss <patrick§quad.net.au>
Date: Sat, 23 Mar 2002 19:01:58 +1100
Hi Dassa

On Sat, 23 Mar 2002 19:25:08 +1100, Dassa wrote:
> |> Looks like a comment to me.  I'd say Peter keeps his money.
>
> Where is the comment?

Strictly, saying "I have been asked . . " is a comment.  If I was asked to
publish something *without comment* I would say nothing at all.  Absolutely
nothing.  Nada.  Zip.

> But I'll make a comment.  Unsubscribing in such a way was very petulant
> IMHO.  Makes me wonder just how professional Peter is in his approach to
> his dutes as a Director.

Peter does not know you, Dassa.  I do.  And you and I have had very many such
arguments on other mailing lists such as IDNO et al.  Your above comments are
deliberately offensive and baiting of the worst sort.  Peter Dean is a
respected business person with a lifetime's achievement who deserves more
respect than you chose to provide.  Peter is also very kind, intelligent and
well-meaning person.

I think you should know that.

Anybody can get upset with the constant trash on this list.  Anybody can
respond inappropriately from time to time particularly people, like Peter, who
are not battle hardened flame warriors.  Your own comments, like mine, are
deliberate and carefully considered.

The list is for DNS discussions.  These are diversionary tactics.

In fact, I am absolutely certain that I could dig through my own archives of
your postings to other mailing lists and find examples where you have
criticised others for baiting and flaming.  So please spare the wounded
sensibilities.

> Although fair enough to not wish putting up
> with obnoxious posts, it is a simple matter to filter and unsubscribing
> is only ever a last resort when things are so bad as to be unsalvagable.
> This list is a long way from that.

Personally I filter very few people.  At present only Jeff Williams, Eric
Dierker and somebody on this DNS list whose name I can't even be bothered to
remember.  Peter Dean (and I) are on the Board of auDA.  We participate on
this list in order to respond to inquiries about the DNS.  Not to be insulted
or flamed.

I'd also add that, as a business person active in the Australian DNS, it is in
your own business interests to build good relationships with other business
persons.  Peter Dean has a lot to offer and I'd like to see him continue to
participate in these discussions.

> Darryl (Dassa) Lynch.

BTW I note that the IDNO list has got very quiet now.  Was I right in my
analysis that the list would die as soon as Joop went elsewhere?

Best regards
Patrick Corliss

<snip>