Registering names on our on behalf

From: Bruce Tonkin <Bruce.Tonkin§melbourneit.com.au>
Date: Mon, 25 Mar 2002 18:19:13 +1100
I too had questioned the wording in the code of conduct regarding
registering names for internal use.

One issue to consider is that the registrar is carrying out the policy
checks for names being registered through them.  It could be possible for a
registrar to apply the names policy in a biased manner for names that it
wishes to register for company use or for employees, directors etc.  This is
important for ".com.au", as the application of the policy is about to be
opened to competition.

It may be better to avoid such problems, and avoid biases by leaving the
wording as it is.
ie you would need to use another registrar when initially registering the
name.  Transferring/renewals may not have such a tight restriction.

For example I would assume that a motor vehicle licence issuer could not
issue driving licences directly to family members etc.

Regards,
Bruce Tonkin