RE: [DNS] Org.com

From: Bruce Campbell <bruce.campbell§ripe.net>
Date: Thu, 28 Mar 2002 14:04:47 +0100 (CET)
On Thu, 28 Mar 2002, Dassa wrote:

> [...]

Quite some time ago, the name 'com.net.au' was registered, and the
operators of such put in such amusing names as 'www.playboy.com.net.au'
(not a DNS wildcard) to point to their own p0rn site.  This was later
changed to (I think) 'comm.net.au' to avoid the previously described
behaviour.

I believe various AU domain policies do have an explicit policy against
registering the common TLDs within a .au 2nd level domain
({com,net,org,asn,id}.au).

--==--
Bruce.

I speak for myself.