Re: [DNS] Now I am ANGRY

From: Marco Botros <mehanna§tpg.com.au>
Date: Fri, 1 Mar 2002 11:47:31 +1100
Dear All,

It is sad and is already happed with a few of My clients,
The client was decieved in paying $199 because ING
suggested that unless he renewed the domain it may
be deleted, removed and registered by somebody else.
While the above is true, the domain was registered to
the client by us (the hosting provider) and was due
for renewal and as such we sent the renewal notice
(price far lower than ING) for renewal at the right time!.

What I am trying to say is that I know how they do this
and I will even tell you how I found out.

Firstly, I have quietly registered a new business name with
the Fair Trading. then using my reseller account with MIT
to register the domain name.

I have not done any kind of marketing for the domain,
no search engine submissions, zero marketing, I wanted to
keep quiet about this domain for my future project.

Two month Later I recieve a letter from ING, informing me
about the domain name , promotions and their pricing.

I know one thing now, the only source they have is the aunic
registry, as it makes all account details available to the mining party.

the ASIC registry does not provide any contact details, nor does
the ABR (Australian Business Register). The only way is aunice registry
details.

To AuDa: Once you have blammed NetRegistry for a security breach of
the aunic data, But this data has always been available on aunic, and if
you write a script, you can drill this data for all what it has!.

AuDa, What are going to do about it???????????????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

regards,

Marco Botros
Operations Manager
Spirit Servers
mehanna&#167;spiritservers.com.au
http://spiritservers.com.au

Spirit Servers, "A Solid, Reliable .dotHosting".