Re: RE: [DNS] moderator

From: IBC Staff - Richard Keeves <richard§ibc.com.au>
Date: Wed, 06 Mar 2002 06:48:29 +0800
Good point Chris.

It would be good to know when that 'go live' date may be.
It seems to be a moving target. ING may be clever but not
very wise. But in the interim, they are still doing damage
to this industry - and are getting away with it. Worse,
this Sasha person seems to be proud of their approach.

I know that the road ahead may be long and winding, and
with the odd bump and pot-hole, but it would be good to
know how much longer we have to put up with the cockroaches
that live in the gutter.

Regards
Richard Keeves

>Good point Greg.  Obviously, all accredited registrars
will be required to abide by the
> registrars agreement and published policies (which at
this stage include
> the Interim Code of Practice) when we 'go live'. In the
interim period
> we cannot force the issue. I would have thought that
those who aspire to
> become fully accredited would consider it wise to abide
by the code as
> it presently stands.
>
> Regards,
>
> Chris Disspain
> CEO - auDA
> ceo&#167;auda.org.au
> www.auda.org.au

Accredited.

> >This means that, subject to successfully completing the
> Registry/Registrar
> >Interface Test,
> >
> >  they will be fully accredited to become operational
when the new
http://www.auda.org.au/transition/)

> >Internet Name Group
> >Namescout Corporation
> >NetRegistry Pty Ltd
> >Nexsta Communication
>
> Why is ING (nor indeed any of the other provisional
registrars) not
> listed
> amongst the organisations that have indicated they will
voluntarily
> comply
> with the Code of Conduct?
>
> Perhaps Clause 8 is a problem, for ING at least:
> "8. Renewal Notices
> Registrars and resellers shall not send to registrants
renewal notices
> that
> appear to be (or could be construed as) invoices for
payment, unless the

> registrant is their customer.
> All solicitations for business should be clearly
identified as such, and

> should include a statement that the registrant is under
no obligation to

> respond and may choose to renew their domain name licence
through their
> existing registrar or reseller."
>
> Greg

> Please do not retransmit articles on this list without
permission of the

> author, further information at the above URL.  (331
subscribers.)