RE: [DNS] DNS List

From: Peter <peter§instra.com.au>
Date: Sat, 23 Mar 2002 14:24:53 +1100
At 01:19 PM 3/23/02 +1100, you wrote:

>A question for you Peter, do you consider it practical for Directors to
>avoid all risk of litigation?
Dassa
"First, I wasn't offering legal advise. I was making comments on the
legal advise given and showing the shortcomings in it. "

What were you offering?

"A question for you Peter, do you consider it practical for Directors to
avoid all risk of litigation?"

The directors should at all times act in the best interest of the company
(within the law)
As a director of auDA (but not speaking on behalf of auDA) I believe you
are talking nonsense - and I believe you are doing it mischievously.

Now - I agree this forum should have freedom of discussion - but to say we
should not take notice of legal advice (nothing else could be interpreted
from the initial posting in this series) and then to say you weren't
offering legal advice   leaves your credibility in doubt.

Yes - I am a director of auDA, and I will take positions that promote auDA
(and its members) but I will not ignore the norms of business practice and
listen to "locker-room-barristers" of whom you are (by your own admission) one.

Now please answer the simple question - or close the debate by not replying.

Those of us who are serious about listening to our constituency do not want
to be distracted by trouble-makers. You decide who you think you are and
the audience can judge.

>And a general question to all, do you consider the threat of litigation
>sufficient incentive to abandon logical actions?

I'm sorry but I can't actually find any logic in this question it implies
that the threat of litigation is an end in tiself ...If Dassa will expand
it into an understandable question - I will attempt to give my opinion

Peter Dean
Chairman - The Instra Group
Director - auDA
My views are my own and do not necessarily reflect the vies of the
organisations mentioned