RE: [DNS] Att: Chris D. re ING and others

From: Chris Disspain <ceo§auda.org.au>
Date: Mon, 22 Apr 2002 15:57:16 +1000
Re-sellers are presently under contract to Melbourne IT. auDA has no
authority to deal with them. auDA's action in respect to ING only deals
with their provisional accreditation to become a registrar under the new
regime. It does not and cannot stop them from acting as a reseller of
Melbourne IT. The same goes for IRA and any other reseller. It's up to
MIT to take action in respect to their position as a reseller.

When the new regime comes into force, auDA will have some say over the
behaviour of resellers because it will be able to direct registrars to
take action and registrars will be required to ensure that their
contract with resellers contain various clauses governing reseller
behaviour.

Hope that makes things clear.

Chris Disspain
CEO - auDA