Is this the type of thing we want?

From: Dassa <dassa§dhs.org>
Date: Tue, 7 May 2002 20:19:07 +1000
I sincerely hope we don't get such legislation here.  Even the incorrect
whois data would need to be looked at carefully so that those who are
trying to protect their privacy aren't affected.

Dassa.

From another mailing list:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A29041-2002May3.html
Porn site owners who use domain names likely to entice children could
be fined and imprisoned under legislation introduced in the U.S. House
of Representatives on Thursday.

The "Truth in Domain Names Act," would make it a crime to use a
misleading Web site name to trick minors into visiting pornographic
Web sites.

The legislation would outlaw porn sites with seemingly benign names,
such as www.teens.com, www.cheerleaders.com, and www.whitehouse.com.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A28812-2002May3.html
"Internet users who knowingly submit incorrect contact information
when registering Web addresses could face up to five years in jail
under legislation introduced in the House of Representatives this
week."