RE: [DNS] Discount Domains and the ACCC

From: Bruce Tonkin <Bruce.Tonkin§melbourneit.com.au>
Date: Wed, 15 May 2002 13:31:16 +1000
Hello David,

The following appears to relate to the use of the registry key (domain name
password).

Melbourne IT currently requires a reseller to provide the registry key as
proof that they have had contact with an authorised person from the
registrant's organisation, and have the registrant's permission to renew the
domain name or provide other services.  If a registrant complains that a
reseller has taken action, without authority, Melbourne IT would ask the
reseller to produce evidence that it had written authority from the
registrant.

The domain name password is used to authenticate the registrant for any
change including change of contact details in AUNIC, change of delegation
details in the Melbourne IT database, or change of agent (reseller) in
Melbourne IT database.

Regards,
Bruce Tonkin