RE: [DNS] Discount Domains and the ACCC

From: <drew§dronus.org>
Date: Wed, 15 May 2002 13:22:56 +0930 (CST)
Hi All,

As far as " proof that they have had contact with an authorised person
from the registrant's organisation, and have the registrant's permission
to renew the domain name or provide other services."

We have a little thing called "An Application Form" If any customer wants
a service from us, they fill one out, and sign it.

But, yeah i agree, if you are going to add a domain to your reseller
account, (at the moment) you need the registry key anyway, or as i have
seen some shonky resellers do, send an "renewal notice" along with a
"registry key recovery form", just incase the customer has forgotton the
key (or in most cases the accounts department dont know any better and
fill it out)

I too have had call s from customers telling me that people have been
calling them trying to get their domain renewals.. not the same company
that is in this thread though ( i dont think that they have started
spamming in my part of australia yet )

Lets work together to clean up this industry :)

Cheers,

drew