Re: [DNS] Where to find?

From: Kim Davies <kim§cynosure.com.au>
Date: Thu, 16 May 2002 18:49:55 +0200
Quoting Mr Grumpy on Friday May 17, 2002:

| Unfortunately Kim auDA always seems to be fixing
| things after the fact.

I think that is a fair comment. But it is not peculiar to auDA and I
don't think it is all bad. That is simply because publically noticable
problems are ALWAYS fixed after the fact! If it was prevented from the
beginning then it is never an issue and you never hear about it.

Of course you only hear about the bad things or the hiccups, and
naturally these are addressed after they are identified.

I can't help but think back to the leak that Net Registry was associated
with. It is my understanding that went on for so long for the very
reason I mentioned before.. the people that actually had the facts
never told auDA except in little snippets forcing everyone to mess
around guessing and not fix the problem. If there is a problem, and you are
forthcoming to auDA, I'm sure it will be given the utmost attention. If
it is not then please feel free to tell me as a user rep with auDA.
Anything you say to be would be held in the strictest confidence if
that is of a concern.

| And dont tell me to become a member and join the board
| because the people on it do not have my respect.

You don't need to be a member of auDA or be on the board to have
impact with auDA. As a self-regulatory agency it should accept
input from any stakeholder that has a valid concern or problem.

It's easy to get a free email account and pseudo-nym, jump
on the band wagon, say auDA is a horrible administrator. auDA
is not perfect, but if you are constructive then things will
improve.

No-one but the most ardent conspiracy theorist believes everyone
involved in auDA actually approves of some of the mess that occurs
in our industry.

| I hope when the registry changes you wont be fixing
| things after the fact like last time.

That is always the aim. But if you think any organisation is going to
be 100% perfect you are in for a huge let-down. No-one has 20-20 vision
into the future to anticipate every problem that can occur.

kim