Re: [DNS] Where to find?

From: David Keegel <djk§cyber.com.au>
Date: Fri, 17 May 2002 12:33:57 +1000 (EST)
Kim Davies wrote:
] I can't help but think back to the leak that Net Registry was associated
] with. It is my understanding that went on for so long for the very
] reason I mentioned before.. the people that actually had the facts
] never told auDA except in little snippets forcing everyone to mess
] around guessing and not fix the problem. If there is a problem, and you are
] forthcoming to auDA, I'm sure it will be given the utmost attention.

I agree with what he said.

I also wish people who had facts/evidence about this problem had
come forward and given it to auDA a lot earlier than they did,
so that auDA could have been able to take action earlier.

If there is a problem with something auDA does, then I wish in
the first instance people would report all the details to auDA
(eg info&#167;auda.org.au or by calling the auDA office).  Especially
in a case like that.

People can have a general moan publically about there being a
problem without saying anything about what the problem is.
That may make them feel better, but it doesn't do anything to
help resolve the problem.

If you want to be part of the solution, then first tell auDA what
the problem is with enough details that auDA can verify that there
really is a problem.  Maybe even suggest a possible solution.

That is, unless all you really want is to whinge/moan/carp/bitch.

 David Keegel <djk&#167;cyber.com.au>  URL: http://www.cyber.com.au/users/djk/
Cybersource P/L: Unix Systems Administration and TCP/IP network management