Re: [DNS] Interesting IRA

From: Craig Ringer <craig§postnewspapers.com.au>
Date: Wed, 22 May 2002 17:22:03 +0800
> They proudly proclaim to be "a fully licensed channel partner of Melbourne
> IT", and offer to "renew your domain name through us until February 2005"
Yeah, I got one a few days ago. They are just rolling through the WHOIS
database doing a mass-mailout. Date for mine was January 2005, but the
domain doesn't expire 'till 18 months from now, so they're offering to
renew for _far_ more than 2 yrs.

I know they got my info from Whois: just "whois postnewspapers.com.au"
and have a look. There's a distinctive typo, the business name is listed
as "posts news papers" _only_ in the whois database.

The letter is on it's way to the ACCC right now. This is 3 in the last 2
months (ING, these guys and one other I don't remember). *sigh*.

--
Craig Ringer
	-- if it ain't broke, add features 'till it is.