RE: [DNS] New 2LD Proposals (to date)

From: Skeeve Stevens <skeeve§skeeve.org>
Date: Mon, 10 Jun 2002 01:37:02 +1000
All,

Would I be terse in suggesting that these submissions are pretty sad?
Except for the conf.au one that is... that has significant merits.

I suggest for the sake of simplicity that the .au TLD take on some of
the commonly used new TLD's...

create:
.info.au
.biz.au

open:
.conf.au
.id.au

How complex does this really have to be?

Is Australia going to go stupid and register other domains like .web.au
.shop.au .music.au .tourism.au .church.au .club.au tm.au ? They simply
are not needed and only dilute the usefulness of the web for finding
information.

They also make things more difficult and expensive for those looking to
protect their trademarks and product names.... is this a valid point?
maybe not ;-)

These are really just a waste of time, and will only make the internet
even more harder to find things...

...Skeeve