RE: [DNS] New 2LD Proposals (to date)

From: ginger FISH <cyrille.lefevre§scifi-art.com>
Date: Sun, 16 Jun 2002 01:26:11 +1000
Well, take the .biz extension for example.
if it was as good as a .com or .net, it would have had the same sort of
progression and neulevel wouldn't be going in flames..

If we had some extensions like .game, .sex, .art .that sort of stuff which
is really what people want, well things would be different... it goes for
.au stuff too .. .game.au, .sex.au, .art.au ...
What sort of stupid administration would have .coop, .aero and .museums to
grow a market, c'mon !

Ah well, just ranting :)

What i am saying is that, it's good to have the possibility to have people
submitting 2TLDs ideas and stuff, but i think having that advertised to the
public and getting what people "really" want gives you a good idea of what
sort of market to grow :>
But sure, it's going to be a headache for the auDA folks to manage, as it
would be for any administration.
Do Resellers and registrars really pay attention to what people want, or are
they too busy sorting out thir own business and having pre-conceived ideas
about what could or couldn't work ?

Ah well...

Ginge