RE: [DNS] Prices, competition and the market

From: Dassa <dassa§dhs.org>
Date: Sun, 16 Jun 2002 12:07:23 +1000

Well speaking from a supply side, there certainly is demand in some
markets.  DHS International has been providing services for over 250,000
hostnames ourselves.  These are sub-domains under gTLD's.

If the demand is there for even gTLD sub-domains, I consider it a given
there would also be demand for ccTLD domains and sub-domains.

I don't know how great the demand here in Australia is and I expect it
is up to the supply side to raise awareness of any advantages consumers
may get from obtaining a domain name.  The market is certainly limited
due to population density and ccTLD policy.

Demand can always be created also.

Darryl (Dassa) Lynch.